Difficulty setting up for macOS 64 bit compiling

Could somebody give me some advice please? I am having difficulty setting up a connection profile for MacOS 64-bit. I am running Delphi Rio and am compiling to a 2011 Macbook running High Sierra. When I try to compile my 64 bit profile the Add New SDK dialog pops up with macOS-64bit selected. However when I click on OK it does not compile and I get a compilation error "Failed". Interestingly if I edit my MacOS 32 bit connection the Connection Profile Manager has the platform as macOS-64bit (Other platforms available are Windows - no MacOS 32bit listed). This connection works and compiles to my mac but the result is still a 32 bit build. Maybe I cannot compile 64-bit to a Mac of this era? Any help greatly appreciated!

Parents
  • A 2011 Macbook running High Sierra shouldn't be a problem, but it looks like you don't have a 64-bit SDK. The dialog lists only "Command Line Tools". What you should see is this (not necessarily version 10.15):

Do you have XCode installed there? If you don't, you need to download and install it, but the not the latest version, as it won't run on macOS High Sierra, but something older, like 9.4.1. Be sure to install it to /Applications. Then run this command in the Terminal to verify:

/usr/bin/xcodebuild -version

This should give you either the XCode version or an error like this one:

code-select: error: tool 'xcodebuild' requires Xcode, but active developer directory 
    '/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools' is a command line tools instance

If you get this error, execute this command:

sudo xcode-select -s /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer

After that, go back to Delphi and try to add a new SDK. You should be able to see something like "MacOSX 10.13" in the combo.

Reply Children
No Data