Featured Blog Posts
  • 10.3 Rio T-Shirt Design Contest Winners

We had a lot of great entries in our RAD Studio 10.3 Rio t-shirt design contest. The top 10 most popular designers, based on community vote, and 10 random voters are winning a shirt with the design we selected from the top designs. Here are...
    • 14 Nov 2018
  • Android Z-Order, Native Controls, and 10.3 Rio

Before 10.3 Rio when you used a a platform-native control, like TWebBrowser or TMediaPlayer, you were not able to put other controls on top of them. That stacking of controls is knowns as Z-Order. This was especially annoying when you...
    • 7 Nov 2018
  • What’s New and Updated in GetIt for October 2018

GetIt is the package manager built into RAD Studio, Delphi, and C++Builder. It includes 214 packages in 8 different categories. 38 Library packages 121 Component packages 53 Internet of Things components 60 Trials 4 Industry Templates 2 IDE Plugins 3
    • 2 Oct 2018
  • Deep Delphi Discussions

Everyone knows Delphi is the best Rapid Application Development tool. Delphi, C++Builder, and RAD Studio set the standard that everyone else is still trying to follow. Nothing will get you to market quicker with a great native experience for your
    • 21 Sep 2018
  • Make Your Apps Scalable and Web-Enabled

This blog post accompanies the webinar Make Your Apps Scalable and Web-Enabled - Leverage your Business Logic with a Fast Flexible Multi-Tier Architecture - Using RAD Server and REST Services. Create high performance, scalable applications by adopting a multi-tier architecture. By separating the
    • 11 Sep 2018
  • API Limits with #FDEC

The FireDAC Enterprise Connectors (#FDEC) by CData and Embarcadero make it really easy to work with various APIs just like you would any SQL database. For example if you want to publish the results of a query to a Google
    • 31 Aug 2018
  • Celebrating Five Amazing Years with Embarcadero

This month I am celebrating my five-year anniversary with Embarcadero Technologies. It’s been an amazing adventure and I am looking forward to more. I saw a graphic similar to the following today and it reminded me how great it is
    • 19 Jul 2018
  • Embarcadero's June 2018 Cool App Winner is MalyKangurek POS

Years ago I worked at a company that maintained a Point of Sale (POS) system written in Delphi. I wasn’t involved in that project (I was developing a medication management system for an assisted living facility), but talking with
    • 11 Jul 2018
  • Use the Source!

One of the great things about Delphi is not only is it written in Delphi (mostly), but it ships with the VCL, RTL, & FMX source code. You can use this source code in lots of different ways, which I’ll
    • 24 Jun 2018
  • Connect to All the Data with FireDAC Enterprise Connectors

Move, integrate, and analyze data with ease utilizing FireDAC Enterprise Connectors, powered by CData. These components allow you to integrate 80+ Enterprise applications, simplifying connectivity into a standard model using SQL. Everything from Salesforce & eBay to Google Sheets &
    • 21 Jun 2018
  • BVS Solitaire Collection is Embarcadero Cool App Winner for May

Anyone who loves playing with deck of cards knows solitaire. And no matter how advanced the technology is, it will always be played. That is why I’m thrilled to see BVS Solitaire Collection by BVS Development as our May
    • 13 Jun 2018
  • SHA Hash with C++Builder and Delphi

I've always been fascinated by encryption & compression, but my favorite is probably the cryptographic hash function. A hash function is a one-way algorithm that takes an input of any size and always produces the same size output. It is
    • 11 May 2018
  • BriskBard Named as Embarcadero's Cool App Winner for April

I was really excited to see BriskBard by Salvador Díaz Fau as the April 2018 winner of the Cool App Contest. BriskBard is a browser, and a whole lot more. All  the other browsers out there are just browsers,
    • 8 May 2018
  • 3D Credits Scroll with Delphi

A little fun with Delphi for today’s Star Wars day! This is a pretty simple 3D form with a 3D layout at an angle, and then a 2D layout with text and images is animated up the 3D layout. The only
    • 5 May 2018
  • Webinar Replay: Embeddable Databases for Mobile Apps: Stress-Free Solutions with InterBase

When it comes to developing mobile applications, keeping data on your device is a must-have feature, but can still be risky. With embedded InterBase, you can deploy high-performance multi-device applications that maintain 256-bit encryption, have a small footprint and need
    • 24 Apr 2018
  • BEAM is Embarcadero's March Cool App Winner

Woll2Woll’s BEAM (Beacon External Advanced Mapper) makes RAD Server’s BeaconFence technology so much more flexible, and it is the March 2018 Winner of our Cool App contest. With RAD Server and BeaconFence it is easy to create an application that accurately
    • 12 Apr 2018
  • LIVE! from the Embarcadero Austin Office

We are LIVE! from the Embarcadero Austin Office today at 1:30 PM CDT [embed=videolink]{"video":"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIaSADq5Bb0","width":"400","height":"225"}  Original link
    • 3 Apr 2018
  • LIVE! with TMS Software’s Bruno Fierens & Holger Flick

A live conversation with TMS Software’s Bruno Fierens & Holger Flick about some of the latest technology to come out of TMS Software. Original link
    • 23 Mar 2018
  • WhereontheMap Honored as Embarcadero Cool App for February

If you’re a parent like I am, you understand the feeling of comfort in knowing where your children are at all times and that they are safe. Modern smartphone technologies have provided parents and others to track the whereabouts of
    • 22 Mar 2018
  • Google Cloud Shell Network Details

Marco Cantu’s blog post about Running a Delphi Linux Application on Google Cloud Shell got me wondering more about the Google Cloud Shell, specifically around the networking. First of all, is the IP address public? jim@cloudshell:~$ hostname -I 172.18.0.1 172.17.0.2 jim@cloudshell:~$ curl icanhazip.com 35.199.148.57 So the private
    • 15 Mar 2018
  • LIVE! With Boian Mitov of Mitov Software

Join us Tuesday, March 20th, for a LIVE conversation with Boian Mitov of Mitov software as we talk about Arduino, Visuino, IoT, Industrial Automation, AI and more! (We had to reschedule due to technical difficulties) 11 AM Mountain Daylight Time ?  Original link
    • 13 Mar 2018
  • Earlier this week’s episode on Cool Apps

Earlier this week Craig and I had a conversation the Cool App winners Enter your cool apps and vote today!Original link
    • 9 Mar 2018
  • Asking Questions to Get Answers

Asking development and troubleshooting questions is a mix of art and science. Sites like Stack Overflow and other developer community forums will often reject questions that do not meet their standards. Even when you are sending a support request to
    • 9 Mar 2018
  • LIVE! Episode on Delphi Games and Graphics Engines

Join Craig, David, and Jim as they discuss Delphi powered Games and Graphics engines LIVE! Tuesday, February 27th, 2018 at 12 PM Central Standard Time  Original link
    • 25 Feb 2018
  • Embarcadero Cool App for January: BeePOS

As more small and home businesses continue to enter the marketplace, point of sale (POS) technologies have become a critical part of modern economy. I’m excited to report that one of the real innovators in this market, BeePOS, is
    • 22 Feb 2018