Anyone else having trouble with C++Builder 10.4 IDE behavior?

Hi,

Is frequently that new 10.4 Sidney IDE turns very slow on my develop environment and sometimes also hangs, specially when I'm working on multi-device application. I'm usually works with C++ Builder Enterprise personality, but this happen also on RAD Studio, on a MacBook Pro with VMWare Fusion and Windows 10.

Each time that editor window receive focus it start looking for something and consume 20% of CPU or more by a while, then repaint all different frames but effortly and slowly. The memory rises to 400 Mbytes or more depending of the application loaded. This happen with almost all of my applications, specially with the biggest, but also with some Embarcadero samples as the "SimpleListView" or "Baas_ToDoForm" as shown on this screenshot:

The older IDE 10.3 that is still installed in my environment does not have the same problem.

What could be causing this behavior?

Best regards,

PCSdeZ

• hi Patricio,

For me, and many others, RAD Studio 10.4 is doomed to a complete re-evaluation of your project. but ... let's wait for time!

It is common to note that the screenshots of the users, show that in their development computers, it is practically their personal computers. Which, in my opinion, should never be.

I understand that the development computer, should be like an analysis laboratory in a single universe, and isolated from other universes.

I try to always divide the functions of "things". Therefore, my advice would be to observe how things should work in an environment, where it is possible to study the cases, isolating external and undesirable interventions, to obtain a result close to the desired one.

In this way, measuring and obtaining the expected results, first, one should study the behavior of a software in an environment friendly to its execution. In other words, on a computer where it does not suffer any external intervention, be it from other software (in addition to the operating system, of course) or any external access (such as Internet access, which is a complex network with many intermediate points between the beginning and end).

When I wanted to evaluate new software, I put it in a facility that I called "provoking the enemy"!

That is, it installed an environment, where only the operating system and software under test should exist! Nothing more!
    Even if in "trial" mode, if it weren't possible, use a license for that!

There, I could see how such software would actually behave! Anything else would be an interference factor in the result.
    Over time, I was adding necessary elements to a new approach to analysis. Even, that on a beautiful day, I had an environment closer to use in real life.

But how to do it when the software we are developing needs a trial by fire?

Well, we could leave this test for an internship last. Before, we could test it in a friendly environment, and, progressively, we could complicate its usability, until we reach its peak ... use in a real day-to-day situation.

Well, I think that, really, is not what happened with this last edition of RAD Studio 10.4.

It seems that it happened too quickly to satisfy the needs of the market, and it ended up in what we are seeing now ... a flurry of bugs and discontent on the part of Embarcadero customers. Not to mention the problems with the latest editions of MSWindows, in particular the 2004 edition, which seems to have repeated the errors of edition 1809.

My advice would be to return to RAD Studio 10.3.3 and wait for a re-evaluation of RAD 10.4. Possibly there will be a very large patch for this edition.

Perhaps, the excessive use of the CPU / RAM is the new approach used, mainly, for the more active form of the LPS protocol in the analysis of the code before the compilation. And, the constant access to the internet that is evidenced in the new software. This, of course, leads to an increase in processing and resources in today's software.

Compare the use of RAD with and without access to any network, especially the internet.