This forum is deprecated.
I'm having issues with compiling and deploying an app on the Android platform.Every time I try to compile my project, it says:
[ldandroid Fehler] C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\18.0\PlatformSDKs\android-ndk-r9c\toolchains\arm-linux-androideabi-4.8\prebuilt\windows\bin\arm-linux-androideabi-ld.exe: error: cannot find -lFireDACMySQLDriver
I'm using MyDAC for Database communication, so I don't get why the compiler is looking for the FireDAC driver.I've tried the same thing in C++ Builder 10.3, but decided to downgrade to 10.1.2. again because of the terrible Code insight performance an the falsely marked syntactical errors in 10.3
The Project includes the following headers:
#include "DBAccess.hpp"#include "MemDS.hpp"#include "MyAccess.hpp"#include <Data.DB.hpp>#include <FMX.Controls.hpp>#include <FMX.Controls.Presentation.hpp>#include <FMX.Edit.hpp>#include <FMX.Layouts.hpp>#include <FMX.ListBox.hpp>#include <FMX.Media.hpp>#include <FMX.StdCtrls.hpp>#include <FMX.Types.hpp>#include <System.Classes.hpp>
(no FireDAC Components used)
also, I noticed that when i compile even an empty FMX project and deploy it to Android, my VDevice always crashes the App - Does anyone know why this may happen? I'm using the SDK fpr A9 and A10. this has nothing to do with the main problem but i need some advice...
Tanks in advance
I ended up redoing the whole Projekt, starting with an empty application, building the forms and copying the code method by method - and will you look at that - it compiled. Then I compared the old vs the new souncecode via telemetry... -> absolutely the same for every file. this kinda tells me that RAD Studio linked something that wasnt there to begin with by itself...
this whole process took me 8h. I think this will be the last time I use FMX in general, VCL seems to be fine.
Even though i now can compile my project, it still crashes on every android device i try to deploy it to. Even empty projects do this, and I tested it with 10.3.2, 10.2.3 and 10.1.2 (and different NDKs, SDKs)
I'm starting to get mad... does anybody have a clue
I'm using 10.3.3 and can deploy to Android device just fine to my Pixel 2 XL from Delphi for a Android 64-bit app. Also, just created a simple C++Builder FMX app and deployed to the same device with a 32-bit version (no 64-bit option available for Android in C++Builder 10.3.3). Looks like possibly still a configuration issue somewhere and I can attest to it being really finnicky to get configured properly.