I've just used the "web" installer for RS 10.3.2 to install the tools to a new Win 10 64bit machine. I also applied several hot fixes (but not the run-time compatibility fixes). The IDE feels Ok.
Now, I want the KSVC package. I find it in GetIt, say Install. I accept the license agreement and the yes/no prompt about having to restart the IDE after the install.
The install begins, saying Loading EULAS, Installing Library "Bonus KSVC ..."
Then, I see, Downloading Library with a red X, and below that "Internal check error."
In the registry I see this GetIt address: https://getit-1032.embarcadero.com
Since most of what I need to do depends on the Kronopka Components, I'm at a standstill.
As I check, I attempted to install the Abrevia tool, with the same poor result.
What is going on, Embarcadero?
* I uninstalled the product, removing the registry structures and all the file system bits.
* I installed the product from the installer I'd downloaded earlier this week. The initial work -- the part before the platform selections -- went very quickly. Then the platform selection dialog appeared with text that meant, "I'm trying to populate this but am failing. Retry." I swore. Like most of you, I have work to do and don't care to spend time on an expensive product's clearly inadequate infrastructure support.
* I closed and reopened the IDE. The platform selection dialog reopened, populated itself, and I went on.
* When the install was done, I used GetIt with no problems.
* Maybe one of the patches broke GetIt?
* Maybe "reinstall the OS" really works (joke for old timers)?
Trouble is, because I don't know what went wrong, I'm reluctant to apply any of the patches to this thing. That brings its own trouble.
BTW, six hours ago I opened a support incident. So far, wind whistles through the trees. My confidence is shaken.