REST Client & Session

Hi,
I'm working currently with C++ builder XE6, Client SW project, where I connect to existing REST API sending & receiving data with REST components.

Now I face situation where I need to use background thread process to handle frequently running requests and also some time consuming transfers, what should not block UI for other activities. One TRESTClient component can handle one request at the time, so I need to have multiple TRESTClient components.

Problem is: Authentication is done via http(s) request and after successful login, sessions is identified with session_id cookie. How I can use several TRESTClients with out authenticating them individually? It seems that there is not much documentation about RESTClient->HTTPClient->CookieManager what might be correct answer to my issue.

Also, project should be converted to XE7 version later this year, so also would like to hear if there is any experiences or samples about using parallel programming library with REST components.

Thanks!

Parents
  • Hi,
    I'm working currently with C++ builder XE6, Client SW project, where I connect to existing REST API sending & receiving data with REST components.

Now I face situation where I need to use background thread process to handle frequently running requests and also some time consuming transfers, what should not block UI for other activities. One TRESTClient component can handle one request at the time, so I need to have multiple TRESTClient components.

Problem is: Authentication is done via http(s) request and after successful login, sessions is identified with session_id cookie. How I can use several TRESTClients with out authenticating them individually? It seems that there is not much documentation about RESTClient->HTTPClient->CookieManager what might be correct answer to my issue.

Also, project should be converted to XE7 version later this year, so also would like to hear if there is any experiences or samples about using parallel programming library with REST components.

Thanks!

Reply Children
No Data