Audience: Android Developers using C++Builder and/or Delphi planning to release Android Apps
As you’re probably aware, starting August 1st, 2019, applications in the Google Play Store must support 64-bit. We are working to provide 64-bit Android support in RAD Studio, but in the meantime, Google’s Play Store team is considering extensions to the 64-bit requirement for our Delphi and C++Builder customers on an app-by-app basis (see steps below).
To ensure your C++Builder or Delphi Android 32-bit application is accepted into the Play Store, you will need to submit a request for an extension after following the regular Google Play Store publishing steps in the Console.
Note: Starting August 1st, 2019, only app updates to existing Android 32-bit applications will be considered for an extension by the Google Play Store team, not new 32-bit Android applications. For new Android 32-bit applications, it’s recommended that you submit them as soon as possible and start asking for an extension now, so that you are not impacted by the deadline come August 1st.
How to request an extension:
Note: Embarcadero customers can submit extension requests for Android 32-bit app updates to existing Google Play Store applications until October 1st, 2019. Once a request has been granted, customers can keep submitting updates to existing apps until August 2020.
Hi Sarina,Our team has already requested the extension 2 times but both times denied, in last contact Google informs that the extension would be until 10/01/2019.We need more attention to our problem. Is there any way Embarcadero - since it hasn't released the 64-bit Android update yet - can intervene in some way for our problem?
So far the only information we have from Embarcadero about support for this 64-bit Android build is that the update may come out in late 2019. More by what date? Where do we have more information?
Are there any other contacts we can contact?
yesterday I found that you don't support Android 64-bit yet and that it will not be available for next 8 months ...
I also found that I should have requested an extension till October 1st.
I did it yesterday - google refused it.
what solution do Embarcadero have for people like me ? why this time limit ?
I have active subscription and I need to publish my app and cannot wait till next summer.
Hi Sarina, we have 3 critical line of business application our users depend on, that have all been refused an extention even after following the your "extension application" guidlines... stuck in limbo at the moment.. can't push updates out until we get the android64 compiler from Embarcadero.
I have actually 57 Delphi Apps in the Google Play Store and I am in the middle of the development of 5 new apps, which were not ready for a beta version before the first of august.
I have uploaded updates to all the 57 apps during the last weeks, but now there seems to be the necessarity to update them again, because of some problems.
Do I really have to ask for 57 extensions at the google play team now? Or can I give you my Developer-ID, so that all my apps are getting an extension automatically via your contact from Embarcadero to the Google Play Store?
And what can I do with the 5 new apps, which are shortly before the release. I can't wait for the release for several months now, so could you please help, that all apps for my Developer-ID - also the new ones - may be uploaded with 32bit? Or do I have a chance to take part in the beta program of Delphi 10.4?
Thanks for your help from GermanyRolf Eschenbach
I'm looking forward to 64 bit C++ compiler for Android appearing on the road map which is when we can all breath a sigh of relief!
Google has accepted 64-bit extension for three of my apps. I am waiting for the confirmation on GooglePlay.
Now 9 days stopped without publishing or updating app on Google Play ...
Extension granted! I am looking forward to a 64 bit C++ compiler for Android by 1 Aug 2020
Sadrina, I have two apps for which Google Team is asking me for a specific answer on the availability time for the 64-bit C ++ Builder Android compiler.What should I tell them?
It's been 5 days since I sent the request to Google but so far I haven't received a response. What is the deadline for receiving authorization? I'm very dissatisfied with the embaradero about this, because in my opinion it was supposed to have resolved this before the August 1st deadline, Google warned it in April and now I'm standing here unable to publish or update our apps. Unfortunate...
thank you , Sarina, I was not aware of that.
Hi, have you had a look at https://community.idera.com/developer-tools/b/blog/posts/additional-information-for-the-android-32-bit-extension ?
Hi, have you had a look at https://community.idera.com/developer-tools/b/blog/posts/additional-information-for-the-android-32-bit?
Hi, Quality Portal is back up.
I have one application out of 3 to have been accepted. I could not validate the publication for the other two before August 31 because of warnings (no 64-bit code (!!) and no Android App Bundle format). I filed an "issue" on August 29th. No answer for now .... It seems that the 64 bit blocking was done a few days before the 31st ....