Total PS noob looking for a bit of guidance to automate config of SSRS 2012

Hello,

I have had a look around the forums for an existing thread on this subject but have not come across one. I have been tasked with writing a Powershell script to automate the configuration of SSRS 2012, I need to automate it as I will need to run the script multiple times on a lot of servers for the foreseeable future.

SSRS 2012 will be installed already, but not configured, or configured in native mode with defaults, I will need to change the URL's of the report server and the reports, I will need to change the service account, the execution account, create a folder for the encryption key backup, then actually back it up. And anything else that can be configured. At the moment I believe I do not have to worry about setting it up Sharepoint mode.

At first I thought I'd be looking at functions, but I think I will need to enter the information as parameters to the scripts. So a bit like a stored procedure with a few parameters that follow.

So here is the thing, I don't know any Powershell, what I need is someone to just tell me what it is I'll need to use, then point me in the direction of a place I can use to learn what I need to use to get the job done. I have about 2/3 weeks. I am looking at the SQL server Central Stairway series, which I'll do but I think it will take me too long and I'll run out of time.

I have to say I am really looking forward to learning Powershell.

Of course, if anyone has any other handy tidbits of advice, I'd love to hear from them.

Thank you for any help. Much appreciated.

Regards,

D.