get the GAL

Is there anyway in PowerShell to force a Windows 7 workstation | Outlook 2010 client to download the GAL silently?  I did find these commands:  Get-GlobalAddressList | Update-GlobalAddressList  The only problem is what I read about them:  (This cmdlet is available only in on-premises Exchange Server 2016.)  

There is a setting within Exchange that is supposed to download the GAL everyday at 5:00am but it does not work. We have a hybrid environment where we have 2010 and 2013 clients and only some of the 2013 users are in the cloud.

Parents
No Data
  • In a typical scenario where you have one Exchange server running all the roles, I would run the following commands on Exchange PowerShell Console.

• Get-AddressList | Update-AddressList -Verbose
    • Get-GlobalAddressList | Update-GlobalAddressList -Verbose
    • Get-OfflineAddressBook | Update-OfflineAddressBook -Verbose
    Then on the Outlook 2010, download the latest Global Address List from Send/Receive tab.
    Since you are in Hybrid environment, depending on your hybrid setup you may also need to run the DirSync, run those Exchange commands on Both On-Prem.
    Connect to Office365 Exchange PowerShell (Exchange Online) from separate standard PowerShell console with the global admin account
    • $Cred = Get-Credential
    • $Session = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri outlook.office365.com/.../ -Credential $Cred -Authentication Basic -AllowRedirection
    • Import-PSSession $Session
    Update the Global address list
    • Set-AddressList -Identity "All Users"
    • If you fail to run the command, assign yourself to the role called 'Address List'

Then download the Global Address List. Make sure your MS Outlook 2010 client is fully patched and Windows 7 is updated.
    The above steps would be what I would go through in a typical setup. 
    I found this registry tweak if you need to force your Outlook clients to download address book.
    Hope they'd help :)

Children
No Data