Modifying Distribution List Fails

Hey all:

I'm trying to modify a dynamic list with the following data. The command keeps failing with the error;

Invoke-Command : Cannot bind parameter 'RecipientFilter' to the target. Exception setting "RecipientFilter": """ is not
 a valid operator. For a list of supported operators see the command help.
"((((Office -eq 'East Coast Campus') -or (((((Description -like 'East Coast*') -and (-not(Name -like 'SystemMailbox{*')))) -and (-not(Name -like 'CAS_{*')))))) -and (-not (RecipientTypeDetailsValue -eq 'MailboxPlan')) -and (-not(RecipientTypeDetailsValue -eq 'DiscoveryMailbox')) -and (-not(RecipientTypeDetailsValue -eq 'ArbitrationMailbox')))" at
position 103."
At C:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Exchange\RemotePowerShell\serv.corp\server.corp.psm1:47335 char
:29
+             $scriptCmd = { & <<<<  $script:InvokeCommand `
    + CategoryInfo          : WriteError: (:) [Set-DynamicDistributionGroup], ParameterBindingException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ParameterBindingFailed,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.RecipientTasks.SetDynamicDistributi
   onGroup

Here is the command. Any help will be appreciated!

Set-DynamicDistributionGroup -Identity 'testddl' -RecipientFilter {((((Office -eq 'East Coast Campus') -or (((((Description -like 'East Coast*') -and (-not(Name –like 'SystemMailbox{*')))) -and (-not(Name -like 'CAS_{*')))))) -and (-not (RecipientTypeDetailsValue -eq 'MailboxPlan')) -and (-not(RecipientTypeDetailsValue -eq 'DiscoveryMailbox')) -and (-not(RecipientTypeDetailsValue -eq 'ArbitrationMailbox')))}

Parents
No Data
  • According to this, there are a limited set of properties that can be used in the RecipientFilter.

RecipientTypeDetailsValue is not in the list, so I believe that's where the problem lies.

But as always when troubleshooting these things, you should build up your filter one property at a time, and test after adding each property. Then it should be pretty easy to see which property is causing the problem.

Children
No Data