Installation Failed; Possibly Due to Collation?

Good afternoon.  I just tried to install SQL DM, but got "IDERA SQLdm Installation was unsuccessfull (sic)."  Looking in the log file at C:\Program Files\IDERA\SQLdm x64 Installation Kit\InstallSQLDM.log, I see just one thing which looks like it could be the cause:

1: ADO Error: Number: -2147217900 Description: The object 'ReverseMojibake' is dependent on database collation. The database collation cannot be changed if a schema-bound object depends on it. Remove the dependencies on the database collation and then retry the operation. Source: Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 11.0 SQL State: 42000 Native Error: 5075
1: ADO Error: Number: -2147217900 Description: CREATE DATABASE failed. The default collation of database 'SQLdmRepository' cannot be set to 'SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CS_AS'. Source: Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 11.0 SQL State: 42000 Native Error: 1806
1: There was a SQL scripting error at line 71. Aborting the setup.
MSI (s) (94!24) [11:41:58:831]: Product: IDERA SQL Diagnostic Manager (x64) -- Error 27506.Error executing SQL script SQLdmDatabaseInstall.sql. Line 71. CREATE DATABASE failed. The default collation of database 'SQLdmRepository' cannot be set to 'SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CS_AS'. (1806)

It would be nice if the installer gave some hint as to the problem!  The ReverseMojibake() UDF mentioned above is a little unusual: it reverses mangled Unicode to try to get back to the original accented characters, so it includes lots of non-ASCII characters in REPLACE() functions.  However, non-ASCII characters are hardly a new thing!  It's hard to believe that such could break the installer.

Any idea what might be going on?  Are there other places I should look beyond this log file, for clues as to the problem?

Thank you.

Here's the log file, if relevant:

InstallSQLDM.log

Parents
No Data
  • The collation mentioned is the default and should work. Here's a screenshot of my repository database.

The part of the error message that stands out to me is the mention of "ReverseMojibake". This is the first time I've seen this. That's probably what's breaking it. I know that we have problems with triggers when the database is being created so it isn't that much of a stretch that the UDF could cause problems.

If you look in the installation kit directory (e.g. C:\Program Files\IDERA\SQLdm x64 Installation Kit\Scripts), there's a folder name Scripts. In there, you can find a SQL script that is used to create/upgrade the repository database. The file should be named similar to SQLdmDatabaseInstall_<version_string>.sqlYou can try manually creating the repository using this SQL script but be sure to follow the instructions at the top of the script.

Children