Unhappy with 10.6 UI

We are very unhappy with the 10.6 UI. Is there a way to revert to the previous UI? The custom file menu (not using Windows standard) is frustrating and feels half finished. I would also like to bring back the sidebar navigation trees.

Parents
No Data
  • We just upgraded from 10.2.2 to 10.6 and I'm also underwhelmed by the new interface "features".

The two big items for me are:
    1)  The current view isn't retained and there's no way to set a different default view.  For instance, I like alerts to be my default view.  I'll have alerts up, close the app, and when I start it back up I get the server tiles.
    2)  In the alerts view the left vertical panel is dedicated to filters and config items.  This is a big waste of space.  You set those options once and then forget about it.  In 10.2.2, you could be viewing alerts in the main screen and have the server tree view in the left panel.  This is useful and more pleasing to the eye.

It's unfortunate to see the backward steps in the UI.  They may seem trivial, but it makes a difference in my experience with the tool.

Children
No Data