Email alerts not working for Group email

From the past 1 week, I am not getting any email alerts from Idera SQL diagnostic manager. Our team’s group email ID is mentioned in the Tools > Alert Actions and Responses and was working fine until March 30, 2020. I clicked on the Test button to quickly perform a test to see if the email is sent successfully or not. The ‘Message sent to the SMTP Server.’ was displayed but I did not receive any mail. However, when I provided the individual email ID and tested, I am able to receive mail. I also checked whether the group email ID is active by sending a test email from the Database mail feature under management option in SQL server and the mail was successfully sent and received.

Could you please let me know what is the reason email alerts are not received for my group ID ? Are there any logs to check this further? Thanks.

Parents
  • The best thing to do in this situation would be to check with the team that's responsible for the email server. Whenever you perform the test with the group email address, ask the server team to see if the email server received the request. It's very possible that the issue is with the email server.

Reply Children