Welcome to the SQL BI Manager forum

Welcome to the SQL BI Manager user forum!

Please feel free to ask questions, give feedback, and share your experiences with the product. Our product team will be following along and responding.

• We performed some patching last night on one of our Analysis Services boxes. BI Manager alerted and notified correctly when the instance went down. However I noticed today on the SSAS DownTime Summary the times where wrong.

The Current Performance Alert of the down time is correct 11:16pm on September 23rd 2014
    The Downtime Summary is showing a down time of 5:16am September 24th and back up by 5:36am September 24th

• Hello Carman,

Thanks for the note on the time discrepancy. We will look into it right away. Is this occurring on the pre-release version of SQL BI Manager?

Best regards,

Tim

• hello
    I would like to add SSAS server to BI manager monitor without an active SQL service.
    The Monitor tells me that service is down but it is not true.
    You can do this ??

• Thank you for your inquiry Maurizio. The monitoring of services separate from a SQL Server instance is planned for availability around the end of the year. Please let us know if you have additional questions.

Best regards,

Tim