Alert Profile Custom Formats

Hello,

I was curious about the parameters / values that are available for use in custom formatted messages. Specifically, it would be nice if I could insert a variable that would allow me to show the name of the Alert Profile being used to send a notification. This would be helpful when using escalations – making it clear to the recipient at what escalation level they are receiving a notification from.

Just a thought.

Thanks,

David

• Hi David,

The list of custom alert variables is available at http://support.uptimesoftware.com/article.php?id=138.

The name of the alert profile is not one of the included variables, so I'll pass that along to the product team for consideration in a future release.

– Chris

• Consider that an escalation level (step) is its own profile, you could just hard code that in the email building and or subject for that profile. I do think it would be good to include the alert counter (step) as a variable though. Action profiles can be used for alerting as well. I use them for putting application monitor alerts into our solutions engineering hipchat room. You can find a blog post about that I wrote here as well.

Thanks for the feedback!