XEvent Profiler Installation Error

When I try to install, the installer completes but says “Idera SQL XEvent Profiler Setup Wizard ended prematurely because of an error. Your system has not been modified. To install this proram at a later time, run Setup Wizard again. Click the Finish button to exit the Setup Wizard”. It doesn’t give me any detail on how to resolve the error or a log to say what failed. Any ideas on how to get this to work? I am running this on a Windows 7 Enterprise laptop with more than 1 Gig free of hard disk and 16 Gb of RAM. I am running the installer as an admin user. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Parents
No Data
  • Adam,

The best thing to troubleshoot installation issues would be to generate a log of the installation attempt itself. To create the installation log file, you’ll want to launch the installation through the command prompt using the following syntax:

msiexec /i “<Path to MSI file>” /L*v %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\XEventInstall.txt

You’ll want to update the command above to point to the actual path of the MSI file. The installation log file should be created on your desktop with the name of “XEventInstall.txt”.

Children
No Data