SQL Permissions Extractor documentation?

Is there any documentation for how to use SQL Permissions Extractor?
I used to use the very old tool SQLPermissions and it worked perfectly.
I’m finding that with the newer versions of SQL SQLPermissions doesn’t script everything accurately for me.
I’m hoping SQL Permissions Extractor works better on the newer versions.

I’m just looking for basics on how to script all permissions on a server as well as all permissions on a specific database.
Those are two things I’m in need of doing quite frequently.

• Thanks for your feedback!

The current version of SQL permissions extractor, scripts a single principal at a time to be copied between servers/databases. That’s a change from the older product feature, which scripted multiple principals at the same time.

I’m betting that’s the feature you’re missing the current release. There’s an existing request ask Development to re-incorporate the multi-principal scripting into the current product, and we can update this thread if a future release *does* include that change.

Thanks again.

• Yes, that’s the feature I’m missing. Older tools provide both the single principal scripting as well as per-database and whole server options.
    Since those don’t work with newer versions of SQL Server, I was hoping Permissions Extractor might.
    Hopefully the developers will see these options as a good idea and get it into a new release in the future.

Thanks for the reply.

• Hi Support, is there any progress on putting this feature back? I can’t seem to find the ability to do more than one user at a time?

Thanks,
    RogerM

• Roger,

A request has been submitted to our development team to re-add this ability. Unfortunately, we do not know whether or not that requested will be addressed in the next or a later upcoming release.