Bug in Fragmentation Analyzer for tables with non-standard characters

I just discovered a bug in your Fragmentation Analyzer. It will not report on tables that have non-standard character in them.

I noticed it would not show any information on tables with a period (“.”) in them, when I was checking on a database from Veeam, that had periods in the table names. Sorry, I cannot send you the schema to test against as licensing probably prohibits that. You can simply create a database using tables and indexes with periods in the name, to demonstrate the issue, yourself.

To be sure, I downloaded the most recent version of the application (v1.1), and the same problem existed.

The Fragmentation Analyzer missed over 200 indexes, in this database, that I could see using the following query:

DECLARE @DBint smallint
SET @DBint = DB_ID()
SELECT ‘Database’ = DB_NAME(database_id), ‘Schema’ = SCHEMA_NAME(c.schema_id), ‘TableName’ = OBJECT_NAME(a.object_id), ‘IndexName’ = b.name,
index_type_desc, avg_fragmentation_in_percent, fragment_count, record_count, page_count
FROM sys.dm_db_index_physical_stats (@DBint,NULL,NULL,NULL,’SAMPLED’) AS a
JOIN sys.indexes AS b ON a.object_id = b.object_id AND a.index_id = b.index_id
JOIN sys.objects AS c ON a.object_id = c.object_id
–ORDER BY avg_fragmentation_in_percent DESC
ORDER BY DB_NAME(database_id), SCHEMA_NAME(c.schema_id), OBJECT_NAME(a.object_id)