Welcome to the Idera SQL Column Search forum. Please feel free to post your questions, feedback, and technical support issues here.
Hi Nice tool.
I have one question. Is there any reason you are excluding the column name from the export?
Appreciate the suggestion Jonlee. Yes, this was an oversight and I am working with development to get the column name field added to the export. Should have an update adding this in 2 weeks if not earlier. I will respond back to the forum when it is available.
We have a new version of SQL Column Search available that includes the column name field in the CSV export. You can download it here www.idera.com/.../sql-column-search
I just ran it and it seems to work well, but it did not run against all tables in the database. Does it have a limit? It seems like I will have to enter the rest one at a time.
another thing I ran across is that I did not check to use %code%, but it still returned columns with that in it and nothing else that I checked to search on. I think the saved search is not working properly.
What is the maximum number of tables that you can run against? There should not be a limit per se. I cannot reproduce a cut-off myself right now. If you can provide us with the limit that you are observing, then we can investigate our code thoroughly.
I was not yet able to reproduce your observations concerning the saved search with the unchecked “%code%” search string. Can you provide us with more details, to narrow down our investigation?
In the meantime, we discovered that our description of the Search String Syntax in the “KB: Configuration Settings” post was incorrect and incomplete. We updated that post. I also added a “KB: Search String Syntax” post. However, I am not suggesting that this explains your observations.
The error webpage is due to the fact that our Community Forums were migrated recently, and the previous URLs (such as community.idera.com/.../) do not yet forward to the new URLs (such as community.idera.com/.../296). We hope to have this resolved soon.
With regards to connecting to a server with a "." in the name: Please refer also to the forum post for MySQL Query Explorer > Unable to specify MySQL server name. We added this feature request to our software development backlog for free tools.