I just install sql check and I receive the next error
SELECT failed because the following SET options have incorrect settings: 'ARITHABORT'. Verify that SET options are correct for use with indexed views and/or indexes on computed columns and/or query notifications and/or xml data type methods.
My DB is SQl server 2005
I really appreciate your help.
Per the Tech Specs on our website, a minimum requirement is SQL Server 2005 SP1+ rather than just SQL Server 2005.
We are not able to find any reference to "ARITHABORT" in our source code.
Per MSDN, it can only be used as "SET ARITHABORT ON" (recommended) and "SET ARITHABORT OFF"; it does not have any other variations or options.
We tested SQL Check with SQL 2005 SP4 and Windows 7 Pro SP1 and it seems to work fine.
Can you please share with us more details, such as the exact configuration of your system, exact steps to reproduce this error, and screen capture images? Perhaps you can first try using SQL Check with an example demonstration database?
You mention "try/tried to connect to a server". At which step exactly did you get this error? From what you describe, I am guessing that the error message occurs right after you select the "Connect" button in the "Connect to a Server" dialog but before SQL Check starts displaying the charts, correct? After you select the "Connect" button, does the dialog close, do you see a blank screen, or do you see empty charts?
The application is logged by TracerX. Can you please attach the log file to your reply?
To attach a file to your reply: When you select the "Reply" button, below the text box you should see a "Use rich formatting" link. When you select this link, a menu should appear above the text box. Select "Insert > Insert image/video/file" to attach a file.
To locate and view the log file: The log viewer "TracerX-Viewer.exe" is located in the folder "C:\Program Files\Idera\SQL Check\" or "C:\Program Files (x86)\Idera\SQL Check\". The log files are located in the folder "C:\Users\<your_user_name>\AppData\Local\Idera\SQL Check\Logs\". The "AppData" folder may (or may not) be hidden by Windows.
Yes you are right just after I click the connect button the dialog box is closed and I saw the screen divided in 4 panels and in each panel the error is shown.
I have to rename the file from .tx1 to .txt due the app doesn't allow the files with extension .tx1 and the maximum file size allowed is 64kb. [ATTACHMENT WAS REMOVED BY PETER VD]
I send you part of the screen shot with the error. I can't send the complete screen due the file size limitations.
The problem is likely due to an incompatibility between an SQL Server 2005 database and SQL Check. You can try the following: