Has anyone one ever associated a project with a JIRA project? I am trying to do so, but am having no luck. I tried using the Change Management Project Setup in Team Server Admin to add an association for our JIRA project. I enter a URL, user ID, password and project key. When I click the Test & Save button. All the fields are outlined in red, no error message is displayed, but it doesn't allow me to save my association. We have just implemented JIRA and I was hoping to be able to integrate it with Team Server.
It sounds like you are approaching it correctly, but difficult to assess without specific details. Please contact our support team so they can help you through it.
I opened a support ticket for this (#00686343). So far they have been unable to figure out the problem. The big problem is that no error message is displayed, so I don't know if it's an incorrect URL, if a port number is missing or if it is a permissions issue. I have used different URLS, with and without port numbers and used different IDs. The support engineer did open a development escalation to see if there is or can be some logging that might tell us the problem.
It seems as if I have found the solution to this. Of the four pieces of information I needed to enter (URL, user ID, password and project key), the one that I had incorrect is password. This is not my network password. Rather, it is an API key that I needed to get from Atlassian. Once I obtained that and entered that, along with my email address as the user ID, I was able to log in and associate a Team Server project with my Jira project.
Perhaps this nuance of password vs API key could be noted in the Team Server documentation. Here is a link to the Atlassian documentation detailing how to get an API key: https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/api-tokens-938839638.html
However, now that I have been able to make the connection in Team Server and see the Jira tasks under the Change Management tab of Team Server, I have not been able to actually see those tasks in Data Architect. Therefore, I can't actually associate a change record with a Jira task.