Presenting views of analysed data on a daily basis to my website, can this be done on a single user license?

by Nov 3, 2019

Hi there, brand new to this tool but think it looks amazingly simple to use.

I want to create dashboards that look at my archived data in many different ways. Data which is updated daily so does not have to be real-time.

I don’t want web site visitors to be able to create their own views except the ability to drill down in the various dashboard views I provide.

Is this possible without having to buy additional licenses?

Could the production of these dashboard views and upload to my website be accomplished in ADS or would I need to develop an external automate script?

Thanks,

Paul

Response

nhilam over 3 years ago
Hi Paul,

The Visual Analytics (VA) views and dashboards cannot be automatically uploaded to a website. You can save the views and dashboards as VA workbooks and manually refresh them when needed. You can export the views and dashboards within VA to PDF, image, and HTML files. Tables in VA can also be exported to Excel files. You can then include these files in your web site, but these exported views and dashboards are static files that you will need to manually update when it is desirable to do so. This export feature is included in all license types.

pulsoft over 3 years ago in reply to nhilam
Thanks for that. I thought as much. So, using an automated script I could create static daily snapshots as HTML files and upload them to my site and then have an external navigation method on the web site for each of the dashboards and views.

That’s something I will try out in the trial version.

Thanks again, you’re a gentleman 🙂