searching/filtering objects

New to the forum, so apologies of this has been answered before.  Is there a way to filter by a particular owner of objects in the object tree?  For example, if I only want to show objects own by dbo, and then that would negate me prefixing my searches for an object name with dbo.

Parents Reply
  • Hello,

Please try this.  First go to Server Properties Advanced and set the Display and Schema Server grouped as indicated in the first Advanced Screenshot.  Then go to Filters and take off the filters, as indicated in the second screenshot filters display screenshot.  Then in the Third screenshot Tree display you should see the results that just give the name and not the schema.name combination. 

Children
  • LIsa, thanks for the valiant effort.  The problem is, your solution is nice and tidy and simple in a server with limited number of users creating objects.  I have over 400 users all with personally created objects, of which an infuriating number of them have names which come before dbo!  If I switch on the schema folder grouping, I get all the users before dbo. I'm not sure which is worse!

I think where I have it just now is better than it was, and I really do appreciate your help getting me there.  Unless of course you come up with something else.  Thanks again for your help.