searching/filtering objects

New to the forum, so apologies of this has been answered before.  Is there a way to filter by a particular owner of objects in the object tree?  For example, if I only want to show objects own by dbo, and then that would negate me prefixing my searches for an object name with dbo.

Parents Reply Children
  • Sybase ASE,  I've dabbled with it, and I'm not quite getting it right.  As far as I can see, I think I'd need to define 2 profiles. What I would like is one for me, which will only list DBO owned objects (tables, views etc). Then a general one, which would have the details for all users.  Does that sound about right, and doable?

• Yes, you will need two connections files as stated.  The with the filter you will need add the filters for "ALL" the object types.  See the screenshot attached

• Hi Lisa, Thanks again. I'm getting close.  If I filter as you suggest I can restrict everything to just dbo.* which is fine.  However, ideally I'd like the owner (dbo) to be at the end of the object name (dbo) or not seen at all.  That way I can search for objects by name only without worrying about prefixing with the owner.

I tried playing about with schema groupings and Display, but when I do that I lose all my objects.  I tried filter with a mask of +*(dbo) but that didn't work.  I really appreciate your help getting me this far.

• Hello,

Can you please send me a screenshot of your object tree with the objects you are referring to so I can create a test scenario to match.  

Thanks!

Lisa

• Hopefully you can see that.  As you can see the view names are prefixed with dbo.

Which is great, I want only those, but I'd prefer them without the prefix to allow me to search on name only.

Thanks again for your help.