Credentials needed when creating Virtual Database

Hi all,
i have two domains, one for production, one for dev, i have take backups of my production databases and want to make them virtual whith virtual database on my dev plateform.
My problem is that when i add a backup file with the UI, he ask me for credentials, and in production or in dev we do not have specific credentials for backup.
I have also tried to restaure this backup with ssms with success, and no credentials needed.
I have check with my sysadmin and in dev, i have all the possible rights set on the plateform.
Any help woulb be appreciate.

• Permission requirements

The SQL VDB Filter Service account requires the following permissions. By default, setup program will assign the Local System account to the Filter Service. During install, you can input credentials for a Windows user account or SQL Server login.

Permissions:
    Member of the Builtin Administrators Windows group on the SQL Server computer where the SQL VDB Engine is installed
    Actions Taken:
    Create or edit virtual database

Permissions:
    Read and write access rights on the folder where backup files are stored
    Actions Taken:
    Read backup files and write temporary files

• Thanks for your quick answer. i’ll check that asap and let you know.
    Best regards.

• Hi all,
    i have check with my sysadmin, and every thing is fine, the only difference between the creation of virtual databases came form the fact that the one who did not ask me for credentials are not compressed, and the one which ask me for is compressed by sql server, so i have create a new post regarding this point.
    Hope you could have a look on it.
    Thanks and best regards.

• Max,

I assume that the backup file that you’re trying to mount is located on the same system on which SQLvdb and the target SQL instance are running. If that’s not correct, one good test would be moving the backup file to the same machine to see if the behavior persists. If the assumption is correct, then I’d recommend contacting support@idera.com to investigate the issue that you’ve reported here.