Data Lineage Import From Excel Macro

Hi,

I am having trouble with the Data Lineage Import from Excel macro.  It gives the error message (10094) ActiveX Automation: Object var is 'Nothing'.  Has anyone been able to fix this macro?

Thank you.

• This is in ER Studio 19.1.

• Hi,

It works as expected with my Data Architect 19.1. If you Edit the macro and Run it from the editor, what is the line number where your error occurs?

Cheers,

W.

• Having the same problem.  This is in ER Studio 19.1.  Very difficult to trace down where the error is occurring and I really need to be able to do this in order to restore some info that was lost in upgrading to V19 in a couple models.  If anyone has fixed this, please advise

I debugged this far enough to identify that it is this statement that is failing:

Set dmml = mdl.DataMovementModelLinks.Item(mdl_name)

Tried capturing some data points to see what various variables are set to and also tried to just get a Count of DataMovementModelLinks.  The count also fails.  

The variables are set to:

mdl = Physical
    mdl_name = LOB_TSD
    tab_name = BILL_LDGR_DTL
    col_name = posting_dt

And I can see that the LOB_TSD is defined on the Model Data Movement Properties dialog for the Physical model.  I have no idea what is wrong.  

• Hi,

I reproduced the issue. I was testing Visual Data Lineage Import from Excel.bas instead of Data Lineage Import from Excel.bas

You should log a case here: https://idera.secure.force.com/embtsupport/

The variables are the same for me. It looks like an internal object issue as even the property Count doesn't work.

• Iam facing same issues in data lineage import from excel macro, if anyone knows please comment below. Creation and development is the best application development company in Delhi. One of the best website designing company in Delhi we are to your business.