I downloaded latest version of ER Studio last week.
I downloaded latest version of Postgres last week.
I can connect from ER Studio via ODBC on my local windows PC.
ER Studio can see the objects available. I select the tables I want reverse engineered. It goes through them all it appears (as script flies by).
However right at the end it pops up an error 'The parameter is incorrect'.
I unchecked all 'options' such as drive relationships from indexes etc so it becomes the most basic reverse engineer of tables only. No matter - same error.
I figured it out. I guess PG allows column names > 30 characters (63 actually). When it hits a table with 36 character column name on import reverse-engineer job fails with the above error. I shorten the column name and it works. I don't control the naming of these tables/columns so I just need to deal with it. ER-Studio should be able to support it (it's had that 'feature' for years apparently).
Nice catch dg1. I'm pretty sure it will be fixed in a future release.
Yes great catch. We have added this to a future release.
Whenever you find issue please raise support tickets. We always review these and try and prioritise them based on the impact to you. As more people encounter the same issue the priority increases. Your tickets don't go into a black hole, they are really valuable to us.
Powered by IDERA