For the life of us we cannot get our model to print out or even converted to a simple .jpeg or .pdf. We do manage to get it partially, but never lined up accordingly and always come out a mess. Multiple pages or a single page where the model is very small and off to one corner. We are trying to eventually get it to print to a plotter we have to hang up in our support section for them to have as a visual aid. We have tried every different option or fit page, 1;1, current zoom, etc.
I'm having similar issues printing to PDF (using the Adobe PDF printer) in version 18.2 so I contacted support. It is a large database (476 tables, 9,211 columns). After a few back and forth emails, this is what I was told.
"Basically, in regards to the printing issue you have encountered,
ER/Studio product team is aware that at some instances it is difficult to print out large models.
That is why there are plans by development team to completely re-do the way printing is done in ER/Studio DA.
However, such change would require a new version release. So, development is aware of the printing challenges that large models bring.
At the moment there is not many options except to try playing with different zoom options and/or trying to break up models into sub-models."
I started the model as three pages to make it more readable, but had horrible results printing to PDF (ARCH E size) so I jammed everything together on one page and finally had some success after setting the zoom to 40%, but it's not centered on the PDF. Everything is shifted left. This isn't ideal, but I had a deadline and had to get it out. It was very frustrating to spend so much time trying to get it to print correctly.
Powered by IDERA