SQLSafe Silent Installs

Is there documentation for doing scripted/silent installs of SQLSafe?

Parents
  • I realize this post is rather stale but I hoped to dovetail off of this topic rather than create a new one unnecessarily…

I ran the MSI command that Richard provided and it successfully created the services on the server I was working with. What I would like to know:
    1. Is there a command to install the extended stored procedures?
    2. Is there a command to register the server in the repository?

Thank you.

• I know this is a rather late response but I wanted to provide an answer to the last two questions.

Once you have the SQLsafe Backup Service installed on the target server, you can use the SQLsafe command line interface to install the SQLsafe XSPs.

The following command line examples show how the SQLsafe command line can be used to install the SQLsafe XSPs. If the target SQL Server instance is on a cluster, the virtual names must be used for the -Server parameter. The -InstanceName parameter is not necessary if installing to the default instance.

Example:

SQLsafeCmd InstallXsp -Server <server_name> -InstanceName <instance_name>

If you wish to deploy the SQLsafe XSPs to multiple instances on a specific server, you can provide an asterisk for the instance name. The following example will install the XSPs on all SQL Server instances hosted on the remote server named SERVER1.

Example:

SQLsafeCmd InstallXsp -Server "SERVER1" -InstanceName *

Unfortunately, there is not. The registration of the instance still has to be performed through the SQLsafe Management Console and/or the SQL Safe Web Console.
  • I know this is a rather late response but I wanted to provide an answer to the last two questions.

Once you have the SQLsafe Backup Service installed on the target server, you can use the SQLsafe command line interface to install the SQLsafe XSPs.

The following command line examples show how the SQLsafe command line can be used to install the SQLsafe XSPs. If the target SQL Server instance is on a cluster, the virtual names must be used for the -Server parameter. The -InstanceName parameter is not necessary if installing to the default instance.

Example:

SQLsafeCmd InstallXsp -Server <server_name> -InstanceName <instance_name>

If you wish to deploy the SQLsafe XSPs to multiple instances on a specific server, you can provide an asterisk for the instance name. The following example will install the XSPs on all SQL Server instances hosted on the remote server named SERVER1.

Example:

SQLsafeCmd InstallXsp -Server "SERVER1" -InstanceName *

Unfortunately, there is not. The registration of the instance still has to be performed through the SQLsafe Management Console and/or the SQL Safe Web Console.
Children
No Data