Explore Custom Fields

Is there anyway to explore my instances in Inventory Manager by custom field?  I can only find the fields when viewing a specific instance's details.  This makes these fields impossible to use in a large environment without a custom solution (ie. SSRS).  Has anyone found a good use for custom fields?

Parents
  • Well I have good news! Filter functionality for custom fields was added to SQL Inventory Manager 2.3, which was released just a few days ago. It is now available in the customer portal for upgrade, and on the Idera website for trial purposes. Let me know if it hits the mark!
  • I don't see any functionality for filtering on custom fields. I'm using version 2.3.1.2 and it appears to be the same as 2.0.0.209.
  • I have the same version and a custom field with values populated.
    "DATABASE CUSTOM INVENTORY FIELD" is listed as filter on the bottom in the explorer filter list.
    What I find annoying is, that I have to type in the exact value I would like to filter, there seems to be no choice from existing values.
  • I have the same version and a custom field with values populated.
    "DATABASE CUSTOM INVENTORY FIELD" is listed as filter on the bottom in the explorer filter list.
    What I find annoying is, that I have to type in the exact value I would like to filter, there seems to be no choice from existing values.
Children
No Data