Modifying Alert Settings

Is there a method to adjust the alert settings. I find some of the setting too restrictive (such as level 3 warning at 80% volume capacity). Addtionally, the email alert for instance unavailable is way too sensitive for a very large network. We would desire the ability to generate the alert after a certain level of communication loss. I am current getting more than 4000 email alerts a day.

Parents
  • I’d like to bump this topic as we have similar questions that are posted by Vicky in regards to be able to modify the thresholds by some setting. We also use the heavily configurable SQL Diagnostic manager on a few servers, and love the capability to groom the thresholds individually.
    With Elements we have now a bunch of Alerts for example the “volumes at risk of filling up”. We have some volumes on which we have fixed size files that will not grow and would for example like to exclude them from Alerting.
    We have not gotten yet the ones Steven describes, but potentially could get a few hundreds of those as well.

Are there any plans to allow customization of Alert thresholds, preferably at instance level?

• I’d like to bump this topic as we have similar questions that are posted by Vicky in regards to be able to modify the thresholds by some setting. We also use the heavily configurable SQL Diagnostic manager on a few servers, and love the capability to groom the thresholds individually.
    With Elements we have now a bunch of Alerts for example the “volumes at risk of filling up”. We have some volumes on which we have fixed size files that will not grow and would for example like to exclude them from Alerting.
    We have not gotten yet the ones Steven describes, but potentially could get a few hundreds of those as well.

Are there any plans to allow customization of Alert thresholds, preferably at instance level?

Children
No Data