Patch Analyzer Crashing

After applying SP2-CU7 patches to my SQL 2012 machines, I receive an error:

“An Unhandled Exception occurred and the application will shut down immediately.”

“Error: Index was out of range…”

Anybody else have this problem?

• This is currently a known issue with SQLadmintoolset’s Patch Analyzer with SQL Server 2012 SP2 with CU7 installed. Development has noted this is bug and plans to fix it in a future release of SQLadmintoolset.

Currently, the only workaround for the crashes is to remove the CU7 update from your SQL Server 2012.

If you would like I can create a Support Case and attach it to the open Development ticket, so you can be notified when a release of SQLadmintoolset which includes a fix for this issue is available.

• Dear Chris,

This issue has not been fixed at this time. Development is in the process of developing an out of cycle release to address this issue. However, there is no timeframe as to the availability of the release.

If you create a Support Case, we can attach it to the open Development ticket, so you can be notified when a release of SQLadmintoolset which includes a fix for this issue is available.

• Development is still working a new release to address this issue and have not provided at timeframe for availability at this time. Once, they have provided an update then you will be informed.