Improvement suggestions for SQL Data Profiler

I'm not sure if I've put this in the right spot, but please correct me if I haven't.

SQL Data Profiler is a great tool and we've been using it to understand our data as we build reports - it's a huge step up for our old process. I understand it's a newer tool and the interface has a few quirks - I wanted to bring them up and see if there are plans to fix them:

- Sorting columns in the results sorts everything as a string - in cases where the column is a number (like "# distinct values"), it sorts then like 1, 147, 2, 30, 40000, 50, 6, 7, and so on

- For columns that have more than the set limit of distinct values, could the most common values still be listed at the bottom? Sometimes half of the rows are a small subset of values but a large number of the remainder are unique, and it would be helpful to still see the most common values.

- Can a filter be added before the table is profiled? In some cases, we just want to look at a certain day of data or want to only examine rows where one column is set to a certain value or range. I realize this may not be possible because of how you're using the INFORMATION_SCHEMA objects, but I wanted to ask.

Thank you again for a great tool and I look forward to it getting better!

Parents
No Data
  • Thank you very much for your feedback. We added your feature requests to our issue tracking system. While we do not have any immediate plans to update the free tool, we hope to include such feature request in future releases.

Children
No Data