Column Search connectivity question

Hello,

I'm trying to help one of our users with Column Search connecting to their servers. Any info would be appreciated!

"I cannot get it to connect to various SQL Servers on our network.  We do not use the default port, so that may have something to do with it, but one of the servers works fine with the specified port. Below is the error I am getting.  Any chance you could help me out?"

• The application is logged by TracerX. Can you please send the relevant log file to us?

To locate and view the log file: The log viewer "TracerX-Viewer.exe" is located in the folder "C:\Program Files\Idera\SQL Column Search\" or "C:\Program Files (x86)\Idera\SQL Column Search\". The log files are located in the folder "C:\Users\<your_user_name>\AppData\Local\Idera\SQL Column Search\Logs\". The "AppData" folder may (or may not) be hidden by Windows.

To send the log file to us: Send an email message with the log file attached to our file drop box via the email address “iderafreetools_49b7@sendtodropbox.com”. We only use this email address to receive files. We do not otherwise monitor this email address or read email messages sent to this email address.

Please reply to this post once you have sent the log file to us so that we can retrieve it.

• In reply to Peter V.:

In the meantime:

This is the convention for specifying a SQL Server instance with a port number:

{instance},{port}

For example:
    WIN2012R2STD\Instance1,1433
    myserver.domain.com,1433

This works for SQL Server Management Studio. This also works for SQL Column Search.