I'm receiving the following error: "An unhandled exception occurred while running the sql diagnostic manager desktop client. External component has thrown an exception (License4net)". Does anyone know what the issue is? We are current with licenses.
Thanks! Our Diagnostic Manager works after updating to latest License4Net.dll
Hi, I have the same error with our SQLdm installation 8.6, which worked for years and since Monday we have no SQL Monitoring anymore. I have tried the new SQLdm 10.2.2, but it isn't possible to make the basic installation because of upcoming install-shield-error. I have made a call, but this problem is very old and I also recognize this error in SQLdm 10.1. Now I am not amused, because we have no monitoring with SQLdm for operating and for our DBAs. I also tried to restore the repository to an older state 3 days ago, but nothing changed. I will try the above solution with the new license-dll, but it's no good solution for Idera. My system-engineering collegues are surprised about such a solution with manually changing a dll. All in all, this speaks for poor quality assurance. I worked with Idera-products for many years and I recognized that with groth of Idera the quality of SQLdm decreases. That's a pity.
Hello Scott, I had opened a new case in the morning and I had to send the install-logs to Idera, so I did it. But no further information until now. My old installation of SLQdm 8.6 is working after changing to the new license4Net.dll. That workaround fixed the problem. But the new installation I am working on since 10.1 has problems with the basic installation. I had made a call on 08/16 and it had been escalated to development, but no solution until now. It was a 10.1.-installation that wasn't possible to update to 10.2. and the dashboard never worked again and the console information only holds the last 60 minutes and the dates are all us but not in german 24 hours-format, no AM or PM and so on, it's whole buggy. Years ago the products were very good and had a good quality, but now it's a desaster. I wasn't able to install a newer version than 8.6 and that for years, many calls but nothing helps. Also remote installation with a supporter wasn't helpful until now. Now I have new SQL Server 2016 and Windows 10 and the old console has many problems with this so that I must change to the new version. I am working on Windows Server 2016 and SQL Server 2016 with Always On Availability Groups and financial systems etc. and I need the monitoring. But no chance, I must wait for support.Addendum: then "dll-change" now also worked for the new SQLdm 10.2.X, I first forgot one additional location for the dll in the installed directory. Now it works. But again, there are many bugs, no 24 h date-format, only the last 60 minutes to be shown for other users than the install-user, the console-options are not saved correctly, normal installation with the master-installer (cwf-installer) crashes with the msi-installer in background, dashboard install not working correctly, all things that work correctly in former times....