Running on Windows 2016, Compare & Merge cannot connect to a live DB2 database

When trying to connect to a live local DB2 database (DB2 LUW 11.1), I'm receiving the following error:

Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 1114: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.  (IBM DB2 ODBC Driver, C:\Program Files\IBM\SQLLIB\BIN\DB2CLIO.DLL).(IM003,160).

I do not have this problem on lower versions of Windows.  Has anyone else experienced this issue or been successful in connecting to a live DB2 database on Windows 2016?

Parents
No Data
  • Do you mean Windows 10?  I did have a problem accessing DB2 Z/OS 10 from a new Windows 10 laptop that was resolved by installing v11.1.2fp2b_ntx64_client.exe.  We had this file on our network drive, you'll have to check with your DBA to find out where to get it from or see if you can download it from IBM.

Then I had to do the following - not sure how much of this was specific to my company, you may want to check with your DBA / Network Administrator:

1. Obtain a configuration file from the DBA and place it on a location on your local hard drive.
    2. Run the DB2 Command Window - Administrator utility.
    3. At the prompt, Run db2cfimp <filepath> where filepath represents the path and name of the configuration file you obtained in step 2 
    4. Add your local user to the DB2ADMNS group:
      1. Click the magnifying glass Search icon next to the Windows Start icon and type Run in the Search box.
      2. Type lusrmgr.msc and click OK.
      3. Select Local Users and Groups.
      4. Select Groups.
      5. Select the DB2ADMNS Group
      6. Right click and choose Add to Group
      7. Click the Add button
      8. Enter your network login in the box and click Check Names
      9. Click OK
      10. Click Apply
      11. Click OK
      12. Reboot your computer
Children