ER Studio 17 and Windows 10

Is anyone else having an issue with ER/Studio 17 running on Windows 10? It will launch, but then has very limited functionality with errors like "Failed to create empty document". We have found that having admin rights resolves the issue, but that's not an ideal solution.

We have a case open with Idera, but wanted to see if others had this issue.

• I may be a bit biased, but I haven't had any issues running ER/Studio 17 on Windows 10.  I've installed this a few times on a few different machines and they all work fine.  I've also worked with many users who have no problems as well.  I do know though, that I've ran into a handful of users who've run into the same issue as you and have resolved it the same way.  I do not know the cause of it, but it looks like it could be permission related.

• When you installed Data Architect, did you have Administrator rights and "Run As Administrator"?  This typically prevents what you are running into.   I found this in the documentation:

IMPORTANT INSTALLATION NOTES

• To install ER/Studio Data Architect on Windows 10, 8.1, 8, or 7, you must have administrative privileges. Once you have installed ER/Studio DA, you can then log in as a standard or limited user and use the application without having administrative privileges.
    • In order to run ER/Studio DA, you must provide valid licensing information.
    • When you install ER/Studio DA, certain files and directories that were previously stored under the Program Files folder are now by default installed to system-specified application data directories.
    • During installation, the following directories are created:
      • For Datatype Mapping Editor files, which is also the default location for user-generated Datatype Mapping files:
        • C:\ProgramData\IDERA\ERStudioDA_XXXX\DatatypeMapping
      • For Automation Handler files, which is also the default location for sample macros:
        • C:\ProgramData\IDERA\ERStudioDA_XXXX\Macros
      • For sample model files, for which a shortcut is generated in the ER/Studio DA program group:
        • C:\ProgramData\IDERA\ERStudioDA_XXXX\Sample Models
    • When the application is run for the first time, the following directories are created by ER/Studio DA:
      • Directories used by the Repository client to transfer files to and from the Repository server:
        • C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\IDERA\ERStudio\RepoIn
        • C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\IDERA\ERStudio\RepoOut
      • Default directory for Report files:
        • C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\IDERA\ERStudio\Report
      • Default directory for SQL scripts:
        • C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\IDERA\ERStudio\SQLCode
      • Default directory for Quicklaunch files:
        • C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\IDERA\ERStudio\XML
      • Default Save location for new diagrams:
        • C:ProgramData\IDERA\ERStudioDA_XXXX\Sample Models