When will SQLdm support SQL Server 2017?

Is there an ETA on support? I get an error when adding these to SQLdm and SQL Doctor. The Admin Toolset does let me add them though, even though it gets confused with versions and shows them as SQL 2016.

• It should be supported right now. Have you opened a support case?

What is the error?
  • In reply to Scott Stone:

I found that the error was actually not from SQL 2017. It was because the SQL Server had TLS 1.0 disabled (per security best practices). I'm not sure what needs to be done to allow higher levels such as TLS 1.2, but I had to make registry modifications to allow sqlDM to connect:

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Protocols\TLS 1.0\Server\DisabledByDefault = 0
    HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Protocols\TLS 1.0\Server\Enabled = 1

I then restarted the SQL Server. When it came back online, sqlDM could connect okay.

Below is the error when I looked at the Server Properties and did a connection test in sqlDM:

• In reply to AJAA:

Was this on install or after it was running? And with what version of DM? The latest release should not have any dependency on TLS 1.0, so if you encountered something I would appreciate you opening a support case on it.
  • In reply to Scott Stone:

Here's my versions. After the server was registered in DM and trying to collect is when I noticed the error. I did not get the error when initially registering the instance. I'll open a support case in a bit. Thanks!

IDERA SQL Diagnostic Manager Desktop Client 10.2.0.3269
    IDERA SQL Diagnostic Manager Repository 10.2
    IDERA SQL Diagnostic Manager Management Service 10.2.0.3270
    IDERA SQL Diagnostic Manager Collection Service 10.2.0.3269
    Microsoft Data Access Component (MDAC) 6.1.7601.17514
    Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0.30319.42000
    Microsoft Windows Operating System Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
    SQLDM Mobile and Newsfeed Version 1.4.15.12